Page: Overview | Activities
This workshop provided veterans from the Royal British Legion Scotland and Erskine Edinburgh with the opportunity to study the history and development of a range of war memorials in the Lothian area and, through their own experiences of active service, consider the role of war memorials.
The workshop was designed to facilitate the generic learning outcomes (GLOs) identified by the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council's 'Inspiring Learning for All' (ILFA) framework.
"The project enlightened and inspired me to consider what contribution I could make from my experience towards modern creativity"
- Archie, Second World War Veteran
- Ken Cockburn, Poet and workshop leader
- RCAHMS Architectural Investigators
- RCAHMS Treasured Places Team
- Lt. Colonel Iain Shepherd, Secretary, Scottish National War Memorial
- Lorna Irvine, Education Officer, Scottish Poetry Library